Thursday, June 25, 2009

June 25, 2009 updates

This is the latest new visitor to the garden. I very regularly see green anoles and geckos, but this is the first time I have seen one of these guys. He held still long enough for Curtis to snap a few pictures.


He then ran off to the honeysuckle patch



Wikipedia says this guy is a Texas Spiny Lizard. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Spiny_Lizard



Here is what the cleaned out potato area looks like.

There are tons of these small white butterflies in our yard and garden. Since none of my plants appear to have any damage, I'm going to assume they are friendly as caterpillars--at least they do not eat veggie plants.

These are two monarch butterfly caterpillars that were feasting on what was left of my parsley plant. We only saw them that one day, then they disappeared. I hope they just moved on and did not get eaten.



Here is one of my favorite parts of gardening...sharing! These two goodie bags went to the daycare workers at church.

Yummy grilled squash

No comments:

Post a Comment