Friday, August 14, 2009

Babies in the Garden

No, not pictures of my kids again... I met two new babies in the garden this weekend (August 8th/9th).

Meet 'Baby Green Anole" I'm not sure when he was born, but boy oh boy is he ever cute! He cannot be more than just a few days old. He was small enough to fit inside a drinking straw (no, I did not try it). He was very shy, even more so than the adult anoles that frequent the garden.

Follow the brown leaf down to near the base and you can see the little cutie's head.

Here he is out in the open.

The second new addition was discovered at the SAME TIME as the baby anole. Meet 'baby fence lizard".



He lives on the arbor and I have seen him each time I have gone to the garden since our first meeting. Baby Anole has been hiding.

The first day I saw them both, they happened to run to the arbor at the same time and I was able to get a picture of them together.

Baby fence lizard is at the center of the frame and baby anole is on the gate in the upper right of the frame.

Welcome new babies! I love it when nature is happy in my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment